What is infrared?
Infrared light (experienced as heat) is the invisible part of the sun’s spectrum with the ability to penetrate human tissue, giving a soothing natural warmth. It is naturally occurring from the sun and is the basis for sauna therapy.
How safe is infrared?
Infrared heat is completely safe and healthy for all living things. You can be exposed to infrared light for hours without the risk of burning. Infrared is a naturally occurring output of the sun but does not contain the harmful UV rays associated with unprotected sunlight. In fact, infrared heat is so safe, it is used in hospitals to warm newborn infants.
Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to heal, stay healthy and detoxify. Here are some of the health benefits:
- Relaxation – Long-term stress is the cause of countless negative physiological effects on the body. Infrared sauna technology delivers therapeutic heat so you can be enveloped in soothing warmth to relieve stress, ease your muscles and help you fully relax.
- Detoxification – Cleansing the body of these toxins through natural sauna detox may help relieve symptoms, prevent future illness and increase overall health and vitality.
- Blood pressure reduction
- Weight loss – Studies have shown an infrared therapy session can burn upwards of 300 calories. As the body works to cool itself while using infrared therapy, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate.
- Pain relief – Clinical research on pain has shown evidence of heat responsive pain, which encompasses several common pain conditions that can be specifically treated with the use of infrared heat therapy.
- Improved circulation – Our saunas heat your muscles with infrared rays and produce an increase in blood flow similar to regular exercise. Blood flow during infrared therapy use has been reported to rise from a normal rate of 5-7 quarts per minute to as much as 13 quarts per minute.
- Skin purification – A study showed significant improvements in skin appearance after infrared therapy. Participants experienced a reduction in wrinkles and crows’s feet, as well as improved overall skin tone, including softness, smoothness, elasticity, clarity, and firmness.