Want to build muscle and burn fat? Strength training gives you the most effective path to success.
"Strength does NOT come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths" - Arnold Schwartzenegger
Why lift weights?
Lean mass requires more energy to maintain than fat, so it burns more calories at rest. Muscles make it easier to burn fat. Strength training proven benefits include: more energy and confidence, less stress and anxiety, better overall mood, and enhanced cognitive function.
How does it work?
Understanding these 5 foundational factors will give you the tools you need to achieve your goals:
1. Volume - How many sets and reps you accomplish during the workout
2. Intensity - How much effort you give in order to make it happen
3. Rest - How long you rest between sets
4. Tempo - How fast/slow you are putting your system under stress
5. Frequency - How often you are training a specific body part or movement pattern
Stimulus: Following these 5 principles to design customized training sessions
Response: Hypertrophy (muscle growth), strength gains